Popular Posts

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Yummy Delicious Dessert!

When I was a child one of my favorite things to eat, when we had a community gathering, was the fruit dessert that Aunt Rosie would make. It had to be the most delicious dessert there and I couldn’t wait to get at it. Sure there were cookies and fudge; cupcakes with sprinkles; and sometimes even ice cream but nothing compared to the savory taste of the sweet red concoction we fondly call Aunt Rosie’s Fruit Dessert. And this year I’m sharing it with the world and my family for the first time. It's been passed around for quite a few years, but I want to make sure everyone knows about it because it is so scrumdiddlyumptious!

I know, you are thinking “for the first time?” and yes that’s right. I’ve been combing through my past and just so happened to think about it because I hadn’t had the delicious dessert in years. I also hadn’t been to a friend and family picnic in a while either. Anyway, I tracked down one person who might know the recipe and sure enough she did, and passed it on to me with all the love I knew she would have. So here for your stomachs delight is a picture and the link to the recipe.

Aunt Rosie’s Fruit Salad Dessert


You can change this recipe up in so many different ways: You can leave out the oranges; You can top it with Ready Whip; Serve it over a nice Angel's Food Cake. 
Here is a link to a great recipe for Angles food cake you may like: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/heavenly-angel-food-cake/detail.aspx , but you don't have to make your own. You can just as easily go to your local bakery or grocery store and purchase one there. 

So when you need something easy to put together for your next church dinner or a holiday get-together stir this up and enjoy.
Thanks so much for reading this and please feel free to post you questions, comments, and/or concerns below.
Until next time: Just Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment